Monday, March 9, 2009

Kickboxing

Well, I finished off my 3rd week of kickboxing. It is going pretty good, I am thinking more than ever that I am the least coordinated person on the planet, but it is fun. So far, I have re twisted my ankle (sprained it just a few weeks before starting class) made kicking contact with someone else while warming up, and been out done by a kid that is not even in the class. We have a break from class this Saturday, most of the people in my class are in a tournament at UVU, and the instructors too. Oh, no...I don't think I am the tournament type. We will see though.
In other news, our family had a great trip to the Draper Temple Open house. Poor Skyler was in a bad mood all day, and I thought it was because he didn't have a good nap, Stephen kept walking him up. (Stephen was starting to get a cold, so they were both supposed to be sleeping.) The poor little guy, Skyler was trying so hard to put a smile on his face, he even smiled at a baby or two while we were there. Well, Wolf put the big boys to bed as soon as we got home, while I took care of Cody. I went to check on the boys, and kiss them good night before I headed to bed (as always) and poor Skyler was burning up. (Fever of 102.9°) So, we haven't really been anywhere since, and we have canceled all appointments at our house. (Skyler's speech pathologist was supposed to come.) And I was looking forward to Stake Conference. Both boys have pretty bad coughs, and Cody and I are now getting colds too. Oh, I can't wait till it is warmer outside, and not so much sickness in the air!
So, since I am writing...anyone have any suggestions on how to get two best friend brothers to sleep when they share a room? I have found that I can't put Skyler to sleep, then send Stephen to bed, because Stephen will wake up Skyler to play, and the other way around too. They used to be so good at falling asleep and not giggling for more than 5 minutes or so. I am so tired of trying to get them to sleep at night...it has been taking about 2 hours. I don't know what to do! I am thinking that we will have to change the storage room into Stephen's room, but it is sooooo cold down in the basement, I really don't want to. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Jared and Delia said...

I think it is wonderful that they are friends! I can see how it would be frustrating at bed time though. I don't really have expert advice. I might try an incentive like, if you can stay in your bed and not get out to play, you can....do something they enjoy the next day. You could try story time in bed too. Have them lay down and tell stories until they are good and tired and then leave the room. I don't know. Those are just ideas. Let me know what you guys end up doing. Our boys are going to end up sharing a room in a couple years so I would like to get advice for then too.