Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Pictures

Ok, so here are the pictures you have all been waiting for...



First of all, I really am not so bad off. The extent of my injuries are not as bad as they should have been. I am really blessed. I know the Lord protected me.


My seat belt scratched up my neck...I was really red Saturday and Sunday...but really not so bad now. And most of the scratches are gone.
My head is red from where it got bumped, but no real bruise to be seen there. Just really tender.
My elbow must have taken most of the blow...it is the only bruise I have that is accident related. (I have a bruise on my leg from rescuing Stephen Friday night...when he climbed up on a table in our living room and tipped it over. I dashed to rescue him from being pinched between table and wall, and I bumped my leg on the table.)
The swelling in my elbow has really gone down a lot...

My poor car...

It did it's job in saving my life...

I will miss you baby...we have had some good times. I have owned you since Valentines Day 2000. You were a good car, I love you!

Thank You Wolf, Laura, Mike and Wind for coming to support me at the scene of the accident.

Thank you to all my friends that have helped me out...brought me dinner and movies and popcorn, pie and cookies to cheer me up, took me to take pictures of my car, took my boys so I could rest. Called or wrote to ask how I was doing. Thank you.

I love you!

6 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Oh no...so sorry. I hope everything gets sorted out and that you get feeling less bruised.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your accident. Sorry your car is all smashed up. What will you do now for transportation? Hope your doing better!

Jill said...

I am so sorry about your accident... they are so NOT fun! I was in a pretty bad one 4 years ago that still gives me nightmares. Hope you are feeling better soon!

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

I was at the pool with the kids yesterday and was talking with a friend, and saw my car being hauled away on the big trailer full of smashed up cars. I nearly cried at the one last glimpse of my baby.

Bethany said...

Sherry! I'm so sorry about your car wreck! I hope the ward is taking care of you over there!
-Bethany

Heather, Rick and Savannah said...

I am so glad you are ok, Sherry! Car wrecks are the worst. Such a scary thing. I was in an accident about 13 years ago (actually, I was 16 and in 2 accidents that year--yikes!), but it was aweful and I still remember all the emotions. And you're right--it is actually sad to see you car get hauled away!