Saturday, July 11, 2009

Not so fun...Bumper Cars...

Today is a sad sad day, and I will have to go get pictures and post them, but I was on my way to my Taekwondo class this morning, and was hit by a guy running a stop light... (at least that is my version of the story.) There was a car ahead of me, it got through the intersection just as I was entering...and a car behind me that swerved to miss the accident, and continued through the intersection. (Neither of these cars stopped...sheesh! Now I have no witnesses that my light was green.) And neither of the gas stations on the corner have cameras that show the intersection.
I am lucky to not be as hurt as I could have been...
I am lucky that the guy wasn't hurt beyond his hand was a little scrapped up.
I am lucky that the police didn't issue any citations...at least I think that is a good thing for now...because 2 people at a yard sale said that his light was green...and the citation would have been mine because he had witnesses and I didn't.
I am lucky that my car stopped about a foot from hitting into a pole. (The impact into the curb actually made me think I had hit the pole.) Yes, I believe he was speeding...I seriously flew from middle north bound lane to West bound's right turn lane.

Anyway, we will see how sore I am tomorrow...(I am supposed to teach the RS lesson)...

3 comments:

Rob and Jill said...

Yikes! That's not good. Are you feeling alright? How bad was your car hurt? Good luck.

Jared and Delia said...

Oh no! That is a sad day to report. I hope everything works out. That is a bummer that your witnesses sped off.

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

My car is pretty bad. It isn't drivable...and not exactly towable either. They had to put the front wheels on wheels to tow it away. My tire was pushed in toward the engine. I will try to get some pictures when I get feeling better.
I am doing well...better than I should be I can tell you that. (Besides still being in shock.) I have started to feel the whiplash, and sore arms and shoulder, I think I hit my head on the window too. (Hummm, maybe that is why the headache since the accident.)