Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fall Theory

My boys came up with a really great theory the other day. We took a walk gathering leaves, then came home to talk about Fall as we did leaf rubbings.

So here it is... from the minds of a 4 1/2 year old and a 3 year old. (At least this is what I learned in from the conversation.)
In the fall the kids go back to school, and the pumpkins turn orange,
The kids run around with smiles on their faces.
The trees are so happy that the kids are happy,
they decide to have a party.
The trees decorate their leaves in yellow, brown
orange and red
and throw their leaves like confetti so they all fall down for the kids to play in.
That is why there is fall.
Here are a few picture of our fun fall project.



Oh, and our little Cody is able to stand at has been know to take 1 step at a time. He is also getting 3 new teeth for a total of 8!!! Go baby! Wahooo!

4 comments:

Rob and Jill said...

What a fun fall lesson! I'll have to do that. I think their fall theory is just right. Way to go Cody.

Jared and Delia said...

How cute. We are planning on doing that project soon too...leaf rubbings! I love fall!

Anonymous said...

How cute of your boys to come up with such a great idea about fall! I love it! give them all a hug from me! :o)

Bethany said...

Cute boys! I want to do that leaf project with Grace!
-Bethany