Friday, January 30, 2009

Self inflicted hair cuts and Winning the Lottery

I will add some pictures to this post...but I think I need to charge the batteries for my camera...as is always the case. K, Post updated with pictures now.

Skyler...(Or maybe possibly even Stephen) got my scissors down off a high shelf. Skyler was a bit overdue for a hair cut...and I was getting up the nerve to cut it myself. (How hard could it be?) Well, apparently someone got impatient. Three chops to the front and one to the back (Middle of the back that is, and the reason I really suspect help from a big brother.)


Skyler is not shy about showing off his own hair cut...



Sooooo...Skyler has a new, and very short hair cut...appropriate for winter...right?



Skyler not wanting his new hair cut shown...



The Stylist cut his hair and spiked it, I thought he looked cute,


I don't think he liked the spikes though.


He tried to mess them up... just for the picture.



Now, on winning the lottery... ok, I don't buy lottery tickets, but Stephen was so funny about this, it was as exciting to him as, well...winning the lottery for us adults.

We got a bunch of Disney stickers in the mail...and Pluto got stuck to my sock as the boys flung stickers all over my house. I pretended to scream that Pluto was biting my toes while I was eating lunch. Stephen says, "Pluto is a funny name!" So, I went on into telling Stephen that Pluto the dog was named after a planet and about the solar system. Starting at Mercury and naming planets right on down to Pluto. He wanted me to draw a picture. (I put Skyler down for a nap as I wondered how to explain it to him in 4 year old language.) I grabbed a napkin since we were sitting at the table. I drew the Sun, and Earth and our moon. I told him little bits about each planet as I added it to our "Treasure Map". Mercury is too hot for people, plants and animals to live, and Pluto is too cold...you know..that kind of discussion.

Stephen then asks: "Where do I live?"
Me: "Earth"
Stephen: "That's nice, I like it here. Where does Skyler Live?"
Me: "He lives on Earth too."
Stephen: Grinning, he says, "That makes me happy, I like to live with Skyler, where do you live Mommy?"
Me: "I live on Earth too."
Stephen: "Nice! Does Daddy live here too?"
Me: "Yes, and Cody too."
Stephen: "Nice! What about my Cousins? They are my best friends."
Me: "We all live on Earth together!"
Stephen is jumping up and down by now grinning, "I love all the people that live on Earth, they are my best friends!" He got a little frown now... "I will miss everyone who doesn't live on Earth." Me: "Who are you concerned about?"
Stephen: "I miss Grandma and Grandpa, and what about Aunt Terri, and Uncle Dan? I miss my best friend Bella."
Me: "They all live on Earth too!"
Stephen was so excited he ran around the house shouting and hugging me and Cody going on for an hour about how much he loved everyone, and was glad you all live on Earth with him. (He also wanted to wake Skyler up from his nap to tell him he was happy to have him on Earth with him.)
He still tells me from time to time that he is glad I don't live on Pluto.

Here are the boys with their Christmas babies, (just before the real hair cut happened.)

(And yes, that is Stephen's elephant wearing clothes...imagine my surprise when I was woken up the day after Christmas to find Elephant wearing a shirt, shorts, underwear, and Stephen begging for socks...oh, he is so my child. I'm sure I did something like this growing up.)

3 comments:

toni said...

so fun! he's learning so much. I can picture his little voice as he "dets excited". Love you guys

Tierra M Wilson said...

It's actually not that hard to cut his hair yourself! Salon Hive has some great videos that I use time to time when I'm feeling brave:
http://www.salonhive.com/videos/search/?search_id=hair+scissors&search_type=search_videos&submit=+

It's funny that he did it himself... he knew it was close to haircut time! sooo cute.

Jared said...

That is so funny. Stephen is so cute!

Skyler's hair looks so handsome - both before and after (wink).