Saturday, September 20, 2008

Baby Cody

Surprise surprise...another baby deciding to come early. (Ok, I thought he would come early...just not this early.) Baby Cody is 4 1/2 weeks early. A little scary, but he is doing great! He had trouble breathing at first, but is breathing fine now. He took up residence pretty quickly in the NICU, and by morning was moved to the NICU B nursery for baby's getting ready to go home as soon as they gain weight. His bed is right next to where his big brother was.

I didn't want another c-section, but hey...I don't know that it was avoidable...the doctor said we had our choice, but when water breaks you have a time limit. You could say that 7 or so hours in the hospital with no contractions of considerable size, and no dialating was wasting that time away. He said even if I did start having contractions, to go from dialated to a 1, 50% effaced, and no station (he was too far up to be able to have one I am guessing) was going to be a long labor when it finally started. They said inducing labor would increase the chance of a utrus rupture. (We decided to not wait til 1 the next afternoon to have a c-section.)

Anyway, we are doing well, and hope to get out of here soon.

Love you all, and take care!

~Sherry

3 comments:

Rob and Jill said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to see him. Hope you both get out of the hospital soon! We are really glad that you are both ok, dispite getting your tummy sliced open...

Bethany said...

congratulations!! I hope that Cody gets to come home soon. How much did he weigh? How is everyone doing? How are you feeling?

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

I am doing good. Feeling well, just tired. He weighed in 5lbs and 10oz. The nurses were hinting he wouldn't be heading home this week, I am hoping for Sunday or Monday. (If I make that my goal, will the NICU staff agree to help me get him outta here?) No, we will wait til they say it is safe to take him home, but hope it is soon!